McKnights

McKnights

Monday, August 1, 2011

Summing up July

July has just flown by, and I kept telling myself that I would go back and post about all the stuff that we did, and I just got too lazy. So here are is an overload of pictures that I just have to get on here before I forget what a fun month we've had.

For the 4th of July our neighborhood had a block party and the rented a big blowup waterslide, and we had a potluck and then fireworks when it got dark. It was so much fun and we got to know our neighbors much better. Oak loved running around with all the kids too. It took him a while to get in the water, but once he did, he didn't want to get out.




Oak loved the fireworks. Here he is sitting in his chair waiting patiently with his cotton candy, which surpisingly he didn't really like that much.

Of course we've had a few fun days playing in the backyard in the sand, and in the little pool, and sometimes mixing both together which makes a bigger mess.



We got to bounce back to Lagoon and had just as much fun as the first time. Oakley loved riding the rides with his buddy Rachel, who he kept calling Lacey which is another cousin of his. Names can be so confusing to a 2-year old.







Oakley was so much more brave the second time around. He went on all the little kid ones that he wouldn't go on before, mainly the ones with water under them. We also got to have Dad join us after work and Oak loved that. He went on all the big rides with Dad and he absolutely loved them. I think his favorite was the musical express. He'd even put his arms up.




The only one we couldn't get him to go on again even if we bribed him with a bucket load of candy was Dracula's castle. He went with Wes and I guess he was saying "Mom, Mom, Mom" the whole time. Then we he got out he started crying. We might have traumatized him for life, or at least a few years.

My grandma passed away at the beginning of the month, so everyone came in town for her funeral, even my mom from Australia where she's serving a mission. So of course we took advantage and had a pool party with all the cousins. They are a crazy group of kids.





With the heat it's nice to have somewhere inside that we can go and play to "Cool off". We found this place called Bouncin off the walls, and we go there when they have "Mom and me" hours. It's fun for everyone.



On the 25th Oakley and I went to the Butlerville Days carnival in Cottonwood Heights and loved eating the free watermelon and playing in the bounce houses. Oakley also got to throw a ball at the dunk tank, and he was so proud of himself when he hit the target. Check out the video below.




1 comment: