McKnights

McKnights

Monday, July 11, 2011

It's what fun is

I've been wanting to take Oakley to Lagoon because I knew he would love it, and we finally got our chance a few weeks ago. My sister got discount passes with an online school that her kids go to, so we got to tag along with them. We had a great time, and it was only hot for a little while. Oakley loved the kid rides. He loved the train:


And the "guns" (he called them)


and the Elephant

and the helicopters, especially when cousin Rachel rode with him.

and "Ugly" I mean "Bulgy the whale,

and the space ships which thankfully don't make as much noice as I remember,

and the carousel,
and especially the cars. He had to ride these ones a few times in a row until he got to ride on every color, green, red, and blue. Good thing it wasn't that busy.

The bumper cars he didn't like so much, probably because all three times that he rode in them he'd just get stuck against the wall and couldn't figure out how to turn the steering wheel all the way around to make it back up. Maybe some day he'll learn.


He also loved playing in the little splash park towards the end. At first he didn't want to get wet, but then once he did, he wasn't afraid and just ran right through all of it.

We ended the day on the huge ferris wheel and as you can tell we both loved it. I'm glad I got to take him. We got to go last week too with Wes, but that will be another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment