McKnights

McKnights

Monday, January 24, 2011

New Do

When I was younger I never went to a professional hair stylist, my mom would always just cut my hair on the back porch, and my dad would cut the boy's hair, so when I became a mom, I figured I'd do the same. Oakley always had quite a bit of hair. Here's a picture of him at 10 months with his head full of curly hair.
Usually it wasn't this curly, I just put mouse in it that day, but it had some natural curls that were adorable. Anyway, I remember the first time I chopped it all off. I was getting bugged by all the hair in the back that would become a big rats nest after he slept, so one day I just took the scissors and cut most of it off. I was kind of sad to lose those cute curls, but I got over it. They couldn't last forever, right? It didn't look too bad, but sooner then later I just decided to give him a buzz cause it was easier, and it wouldn't bug me. So since he was about 18 months old till now, he's had a buzz cut, which fit him well.
The other day I finally decided to let his hair grow out and see what it looked like. It was getting long around the ears and in the back, so I took my razor and trimmed around those areas. When I was done, it didn't look so good. It was choppy, and, well, just not good. So I took Oakley to Cookie Cutters, which specializes in kid's haircuts, to get a real hair cut, and fix what I did. It turned out really cute, and he was so good the whole time.

Here's Oak before the haircut playing a video game while we waited for our turn.

Then he got to choose a movie to watch and a car to sit in. He chose Curious George, no surprise, but then he chose the pink car to sit in. I guess boys can drive pink cars too. Why not?
Like I said, he did really good. Doesn't he look cute? She styled his hair, and I didn't think I'd like it so much, but I did. He even got a balloon, cookie cutter, and a sucker at the end.
This picture is before we went in. You can see my handy work above the ear.
And here's the after. It looks much better.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so handsome! And grown up. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! What a brilliant idea to make haircuts for kids a fun experience! Choose a movie and a car??? How fun can you get?

    ReplyDelete