My parents have had their mission call since August, and they were suppose to leave two days after Christmas, but things didn't work out that way. They are going to Australia, and they had to get finger printed and turn those in to the FBI to get a Visa. Well a few months ago they got a letter saying that my mom's fingrprints were rejected because they couldn't read them. So she got another set and sent them in. By this time it was Oct/Nov and they didn't think they'd get the results back before they had to leave, so they pushed their departure back. They also found out that if you can prove that your fingerprints were rejected three times then you can just send all the rejection letters in and they should give you a visa. So, my mom got a third set of fingerprints and sent them in soon after, thinking that she would speed up the process and not wait for the second rejection letter to come back before she sent the third. Smart huh? Well, I guess she worked her fingers to the bones cause she got that third rejection letter a few weeks ago. Now they could finally move on. They are suppose to go to the MTC on February 14th, which they probably will, and hopefully they'll have their Visa's by the time they get done there. Anyway, their farewell was yesterday, and it was so nice. They did a great job speaking. Yes, I cried a little, but I was prepared with my tissues. Everyone came over to their house after, and it was so fun to be with all the cousins and aunts and uncles. I forget how big our family is until we all get together. I think they had over a hundred people there. It turned out great.
I found a few pictures of them throughout the years and thought I'd share, so here they are.
I found a few pictures of them throughout the years and thought I'd share, so here they are.
Aren't they cute? We're sad to see them leave, but we know they're doing the right thing. We hope they have a great time. Love you mom and dad.










No comments:
Post a Comment