McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

This year wasn't Oakley's first Halloween. Last year he was almost a month old on halloween, but this year was much more fun cause he actually got excited about it. Here are a few pictures from last year though. He had a little pumpkin outfit that was cute, and then his costume last year was a tootsie roll. Boy does he look so different then he does now. I don't even remember him looking like this. Good thing we have pictures as proof that it really is him.


For this year's costume, I went to different stores and looked at a bunch of costumes, but I never really found anything that was cheap and that I liked. I finally settled on a $10 lion costume from Walmart. When we got it home, I took it out and put it on Oakley. Even though I bought size 18 months, it still came to the middle of his calfs, and only halfway down his arms, and the hat thing was all flat, not poofy like a lions mane. So I was pretty bummed, but didn't want to look anymore. Well, my sister Katy just had a baby in August, and for one of their parties she made a football costume for baby Kayla. She let me try it on Oakley, and he looked really good in it. He filled it out a little more then Kayla did, so it looked more like a ball. She let me borrow it for Halloween. It was so cute, and it fit our lifestyle and his energy very well. Her baby ended up being a little red chili pepper, which was cute too.
So here are a few pictures.

This one is my favorite of Oakley giving the TOUCHDOWN signal. He kind of picks and chooses when he wants to do it, so I'm glad we got a good picture of it.

Here are all three McKnight cousins. Scooter, Lily, and Oakley with grandma McKnight. Their costumes were so cute, Jack and Sally from Nightmare before Christmas.
Here's another pictures of Oak in his costume chowing down on the candy that grandma Thompson gave him. Our little family. The football player, the football, and the referee.
Oakley and his little 2 month old cousin Kayla. Thanks Kayla for letting us borrow your cool football costume.
This is us leaving grandma's house to go trick or treating. He loved carrying his little pumpkin. He would swing it around, and amazingly none of the candy would fall out cause the whole is pretty small at the top. Although there were many times when he tripped and fell, and all his candy went all over the place. It was tricky to get Oakley to go up the sidewalks to the doors. He just wanted to roam around on the street. So we usually had to pick him up while he was screaming and take him to the doors. Once he was there he was fine, and he would knock on the door.
Here's Oak and his dad wandering down the street. Good thing my parent's neighborhood doesn't have many cars.
Overall, it was a really fun Halloween. I think Oakley sort of figured out what was going on. He knew that the stuff in his pumpkin was candy cause when grandma put it in his bucket he immediately took it out and held it up to me to open. Also, at one door that we went to, they put the bucket of candy low so Oakley could choose his candy. He took one piece and put it right in his pumpkin. That was fun to see that he knew what to do with the candy. Holidays like this are much more fun with a kid. I can't wait till Christmas to see his reaction to all the crazy stuff that goes on then.

2 comments:

  1. I love the football costume - perfect for your family! Looks like you had lots of fun on Halloween - miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the football costume is pretty splendid, but then again, I guess someone special made it!

    ReplyDelete