McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

January 2023

With all the extra time over the winter holiday, we got to play Civilization a few times. It is one of those games that takes a few hours and is pretty involved, but it is really fun, and every time it is different. I still have not won a game, but Wes and Oakley both did while we were playing.
On New Years eve it started snowing and it didn't stop for three days. One night I wanted to go out and walk in all the snow so Wes and I took a midnight stroll around the block. It was so bright and fresh outside. It reminded me of when I was in college and we'd go play football all night in the snow.
For Christmas we gave Tyson season tickets to Desert Star Playhouse. The first play was Indiana Bones, Raiders of the Yellow-Stone. Tyson loved the unlimited popcorn and he loved that we could eat our pizza and rootbeer during the play. He also loved that we got to cheer for the good guy and boo the bad guy. He is our Theater kid for sure.
I bought the $45 Ski kids pass for Tyson this year so we could go skiing cheaper. He had a Friday off of school so we took advantage and went up to Brighton for half a day. That's about all I can handle. My legs were killing me by the end, but we had a great time, and he is getting to be a good little skier.
One of my reffing friends was getting an award from the Utah Sports Hall of Fame, so a few of us decided to go support her. She has been reffing since I played and she is amazing. It was fun to be in a room with so may amazing officials, and to actually have the whole room cheer for the officials.
Do you think I love plays? Yes, yes I do, and I'm glad my kids enjoy them too. I decided to bite the bullet and pay for tickets to The Little Mermaid at the Hale Center Theater. I do not regret it one bit. The play was amazing, probably the best one I've ever seen. There were people flying through the air almost the whole entire time. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment