Oakley had to do a project for his world civilization class. He decided to do it on the Aztecs and he chose to make a model of the sports field that they used to play games on. It was helpful that Wes and I had actually been to one of these when we went to Chichen Itza last year. It turned out pretty cool.
The boys got to decorate more cookies from our neighbor. Decorate, or destroy, you decide.
I just wanted to document what the kids bring home from school every Thursday. This year they all get free lunch to bring home and with three of them, it is a ton of food.
Dax wrote these sweet cards for Wes and I for Christmas. I love Wes's: "Dear Dad, you do work" Haha.
When Tyson plays outside he loves to stack all of the toys and chairs on top of each other as a trap or something.
Tyson has become obsessed with painting things. I found his name and the wood store the other day, and finally got around to letting him paint it. Maybe he will become my artist.
We got to go to the zoo with Eliza and her family on her birthday. We always love going in the winter because the animals are so active. They even had a little baby gorilla that was so cute.
I had told my boss, Soni, that I wanted to do a cookie taste off with all the different cookie places around, so she decided to give that to me for Christmas. We got four different cookies, all chocolate chip, and had a little tasting. In the end, the Twisted sugar cookie won, and crumble came in second. It was fun, but we couldn't eat cookies for a while after that.


Grandpa Thompson took the boys and I to a train shop one afternoon. It was really fun because they had some little model trains that you could put tokens in and run yourselves. Grandpa let each of the boys have a few tokens and they loved it.
Christmas turned out great this year. We didn't have any family parties because of the pandemic and the boys got the Nintendo Switch that they've been asking for. It was a great day.
Swimming at the rec center over the holiday break is a must. We swam for three hours straight and Oak's hands sure showed.






































No comments:
Post a Comment