McKnights

McKnights

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

July 2018

While I was in Detroit for Nationals, Wes did a ton of fun things with the boys. He took them to the children's museum, the planetarium, to the movies to see Incredibles 2, to Wheeler farm, swimming, and to Lagoon. He's such a fun Dad. 
       They had a blast without me it looks like. 
 
For my birthday, I wanted to go swimming with the boys, so we went to the Murray Pool and got some sun. We also went to the Hale Center theater with my parents and out to dinner afterwards. It was a great birthday. 
  
 
 
 Our cousin Brigham came home from his mission, and we were able to go out to the airport to see him. When he hugged Wendee and Dave he literally couldn't stand up, he almost collapsed. They had to hold him up. His mission must have been pretty hard and exhausting. Afterwards, we went to lunch with everyone at Crown Burger. The boys loved being with all their cousins and were excited to have Brigham home.
   Around the 24th of July, Cottonwood Heights has what they call Butlerville days, where they have a bunch of bounce houses and rides and food at the Butler park. It's pretty much a big carnival. At the end of the night they have fireworks, which is fun. I left Dax home with dad and the two other boys had fun playing.
 I think every time we go to Lagoon, the boys decide they have a new favorite ride. This time Dax loved the Puff roller coaster. He would get on by himself and as soon as he got off, he'd run around and get in line again. I think he went on it about 10 times in a row. The other boys like all the rides that spin you and make you sick, well make me sick. Good thing dad came so he could go on those rides with them. 
 
 I am still the Stake Young Women's president, and this year was Stake girls camp. I love going and I love camp, but it is a ton of work. This year, I had one of my volleyball friends, Robyn, come and do a painting activity with the girls. They loved it and they all turned out so well. 
 
 We also had a fun family with a little girl who has kidney disease come up and talk to us. They had a fun presentation where they sang a little and talked about getting through hard things. Then we did a service project for  Primary children's hospital. The second picture is of all the girls after our skits. We had everyone do a dance to a song that that represented women and empowering them. The stake leaders did a Beyonce song. It was the best.
  The ropes courses are always fun. I got to help with this one, so I got to go up at the end and walk across and do the zipline. I have come a long way from when I was so afraid at Badger creek all those many years ago. 

 

My team is so unbelievable. I love these girls with all of my heart. They are truly the best!! Anne, Cindy, and Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment