For Oakley's birthday we took him and a few friends to Boondocks. You get in free on your birthday so it turned out pretty cheap. The boys loved it.
Driving the go-carts was their favorite part.
And here's the extent of my cooking, a doughnut cake. Now the boys always want doughnut cakes for their birthdays.
Dax found a new place to hang out...and have a snack.
Dax turned one in July, but I forgot to post the last of his monthly pictures. Here they are.
This child gives me a run for my money. I think he fell down in the window well, but then he just hung out in there an played. It's a good thing the well isn't very deep.
The browns came over one night and they all wanted to dress up. So here is our couch full of super heros. Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider man, and Captain America, and Tommy.
We went on a walk this day, and it was pretty hot, so the boys enjoyed popsicles on the front porch. I love their expressions in these pictures. They were sure enjoying the popsicles. Dax was so excited.
I haven't taken the boys on many hikes because it causes me anxiety about having them get lost, or not wanting to hike back and then I have to carry all of them, and we never invested in a backpack. Well, the Thompson clan was hiking up to Donut falls so we borrowed Katy's backpack and headed up with them. The boys did pretty well, and it was fun to see the falls at the top. It was the perfect length of hike for them. I think we'll try more next year.
Oakley is growing up so fast. Here is his 1st grade picture. Look how tan he is and what a cute smile he has. He is a handsome boy.
I cannot leave this kid alone for a minute. We were at a school up the street playing on the playground, and I hadn't seen Dax for a minute. I walked around the corner and there he was looking like a little Smurf. I guess he had found a cupcake or something on the ground and had just shoved it in his mouth and rubbed it all over his cheeks and hands. Oh boy!
I just had to document this epic hair.
We put Oakley in a football clinic and he learned a little about the game. He was one of the fastest kids there, and he could kick the ball really far. Catching and throwing on the other hand we'll need to work. on. He had lots of fun though. Can't wait till he can play real football.
Ward Halloween Party.
For Halloween Oakley wanted to be StarLord from Guardians of the Galaxy. We found this awesome costume, but it was missing something, so we went to DI and found this cool walkman that he could use with the costume. I found some of my old mix tapes and let Oak listen to them and he loved it. Now his favorite song is "I would walk 500 miles" Haha!
On Halloween we went out to the Mcknights to visit and show off the boy's costumes. The loved playing on the playground and acting like the super heros they were dressed up as.
These were the best pictures I got of all three of them. And of course, after a long night of trick-or-treating Tyson wanted to relax by watching his favorite shows on the ipad in his Wolverine costume. I'm a just glad that this year all the kids liked wearing their costumes and I didn't have to force any of them into them.



































No comments:
Post a Comment