McKnights

McKnights

Monday, July 26, 2010

East Canyon

We got to go to East Canyon again this summer with the whole family. My brother brought his boat, so we played in the lake one day, and then the rest of the time we played Mini Golf, Tennis, Shuffle Board, Volleyball, went swimming, watched movies, and ate lots of good food. We even had homemade Cafe Rio. It was delish. Oakley's favorite part was the miniature golf, which is all the little boy's favorite, although Oakley doesn't play the same as them. He just takes the golf ball and throws it wherever he wants, which is usually not on the putting green. Then he'd go pick it up and throw it again. I just kept him away from the other kids and it was great. Now he knows how to play fetch by himself. :)
He also loved the swimming pool, and once again his favorite thing was to throw toys into the little kiddie pool and then go get them. He also loved jumping in to me off the side. I think we did that for an hour.
The best part of the whole week was at 4:00 in the morning one night. Oakley and I were sharing a room with my sister Katy and her daughter who is a year younger then Oakley. They both had their own play pens to sleep in and we shared a bed. Well, Kayla woke up to eat around 3:30 and afterwards she didn't fall back asleep, she just sat there talking. All of a sudden we hear Oakley start laughing really loud and then Kayla would laugh and they were just laughing and talking, and Katy and I were busting up laughing, cause what could we do, they just wanted to play. Finally Oakley stood up in his play pen and said "Kaka" which is how he says Kayla, and we just couldn't stop laughing. I don't know how we got them back to sleep, but we were all awake for about and hour. It was funny.
Here are a few pictures that I snapped. I totally forgot to bring out the camera till the last day, so there aren't that many, but enjoy.
Katy and Abel "grooving out" (if you can call it that) to the music that some people were playing.

Katy and Kayla. I know Kayla was thinking " I just want to go play on the playground too".

(left) Cousin Eric playing in the sand on the volleyball court. Good thing they have that.Oak and (right) Cousin Taylor chillin in the Kiddie Pool.

Silly cousin Emma

Oak had to climb up the ladder after every time he jumped in. He could have done this for hours.

The gang eating dinner and watching a show. Boy there are a bunch of kids there.


Here's a video of Oakley dancing on the bridge too. He just stopped in his tracks when he heard the music and started "bouncing". He does this quite often. Maybe he'll become a dancer when he's older. Hmmm. I wonder how that would turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Love the dancing! Where does he get his moves from...?! I couldn't stop laughing when we just walked away like it was the most natural thing in the world to stop, dance, then move on!

    ReplyDelete